Lifestyle Support Worker - Cairns
Synapse is dedicated to reconnecting the lives of those affected
by brain injury.
Our vision is that those affected by brain injury in
Australia are able to lead a life of quality, based on their own
decisions and choices.
Synapse is seeking a dynamic individual to be part of an
exciting new supported accommodation service in Cairns. Synapse
Warner Street will provide housing and support to eight people with
severe and profound disabilities and complex support needs. In
partnership with tenants, family and community, Warner Street will
provide a culturally safe environment in which people with a
disability can strengthen their skills, confidence and capability
to make choices and connect to their community, culture and
The successful candidate will assist Aboriginal and Torres
Strait Islander and Non-Indigenous people with an acquired brain
injury and/or profound disability to be part of and function in the
community while finding their identity and self-belief. The
candidate will have;
- an understanding of the issues that impact on both Aboriginal
and Torres Strait Islander cultures in contemporary society
- experience in working with people with disabilities and
providing day to day care and support
- demonstrated capacity to relate to people with a profound
disability, their families/guardian, and other stakeholders (this
includes government agencies and community services) with dignity
- the ability to assess risk and follow relevant protocols to
manage crises calmly and effectively
- the ability to think and act calmly and deal sensitively with
people in distress
- the ability to work with tenants and link them in with other
relevant community resources and to promote the choice and
- the capability to work as part of a team in the provision of
care to people with a profound disability.
For more information, please email email@example.com
Lifestyle Support Worker - Selection criteria
Please forward your Cover Letter addressing the
selection criteria outlined above and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged
• No recruitment industry services are required at this point in
A pre-requisite for this role is to either hold or be able to
obtain a Queensland Yellow card.
Want to learn more about Synapse?
For more information, check our website:
…or connect with us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/synapse.org.au.