Support Services Coordination
Synapse's NSW office operates a Support Services Coordination
Program. This program is designed to assist NSW residents living
with Brain Disorders (including brain injury) to access services
and supports to meet their individual needs.
The program can assist you with finding the right service
providers to meet your formal support needs, help you to maximise
your informal supports, guide you to overcome barriers in your life
and make meaningful connections in your local community.
The Support Services Coordination Program can also help
- sourcing information
- accessing services/support
- finding local service providers
- support in decision making regarding service providers
- assisting establishing appropriate service providers to deliver
supports defined in individual NDIS plans
- monitoring new support arrangements
- looking for housing
- setting up a Neuropsychological assessment
- connecting with peer support groups
- connecting with capacity building supports tailored for people
affected by a neurocognitive disability, including brain
Synapse are now offering this program in the following ways;
- To NSW residents who are not eligible for the
NDIS and meet the access criteria for the program (contact us to
find out more)
- To NSW residents who are eligible for the
NDIS but the NDIS has not yet started in their area where they meet
the criteria for the program (contact us to find out more)
- To NSW residents who have Support Services Coordination
included on their NDIS Plan
What does Support Services Coordination
under the NDIS involve?
It involves us helping you to understand what supports are
funded in your NDIS Plan, then working with you to connect with and
coordinate your supports.
Our staff can work with you to understand the funding in your
individual NDIS plan. We can explain the different NDIS funding
components in real terms.
We can then work with you to research support options for each
Then we can help you work out who you want to deliver your
supports and help set up those relationships.
We can help you develop a budget for how to spend your NDIS
funding so that it lasts for the life of the plan.
We can also help you plan for the ongoing management of your