- 38 Hours/fortnight, fixed term contract
- This role can either be based in Parramatta or Gosford NSW
- Opportunity to join a passionate, driven and committed
Over the past 35 years, Synapse-Australia's Brain Injury
Organisation, has grown to employ around 120 people. We
provide a range of services nationally, including information and
referral, specialist supports, National Disability Insurance Scheme
(NDIS) services, advocacy, housing and targeted research
activities. Synapse promotes quality of life,
self-determination and choice. Our mission is to ensure the
rights of people impacted by brain injury, by connecting knowledge,
policy, services and systems.
About the role:
The role of Options Facilitator will be to work as part of the
Information and Referral service, responding to enquiries on all
issues relating to brain disorders. The Options team's primary role
is to listen and respond to the concerns of the individual, discuss
the type of assistance or information that may be appropriate and
assist the individual to access information and support. The
response may include the provision of:
- appropriate capacity building resources,
- information sessions, and/or
- referral to other specialist services.
The Options Facilitator will work as part of the National
Options team to continue to establish, grow and advertise Synapse'
Information and Referral services throughout the state and in a
broader context, nationwide. The Options Facilitator will also
contribute to new partnerships in the sector which provide
opportunities for capacity building activities and future growth
for the organisation.
To be suitable for this role, candidates should display the
following desirable Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge of legislation and standards relevant to the
disability sector and underpinning the NDIS
- An awareness of the challenges faced by families of/ and people
with brain injury
- Competence in Microsoft Office programs and client information
- Build rapport and develop mutually beneficial relationships all
- Experience in training, networking and increasing referral
pathways to Synapse and generating community awareness of brain
injury and related services
- Well-developed communication skills communicating with people
with disabilities, their families, community agencies and other
professionals in a person-centred framework
Synapse can offer you:
- A warm, flexible and supportive work environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Significant Salary Sacrificing options
- Proximity to public transport
There are certain prerequisites for this role that you must
either hold or be eligible to obtain. Detailed information is
available in the position description.
This position will be advertised until the close of business on
Sunday, 13/10/2019. Please note, we reserve the right to
close or extend this advertisement depending on the number and
quality of applications received. Therefore, we urge all suitable
candidates to submit their application as early as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on this occasion.
We thank you in advance for considering this opportunity.