Maintaining your health and wellbeing provides the energy and capacity to endure the challenges that you may face in your role. Good health and wellbeing mean that you can provide the best care to your loved one.
Some of the most important tips for carers include:
- ask for help when you need it
- take time for yourself (e.g. respite services)
- exercise, eat healthily and sleep well
- relax regularly
- keep up social contacts
- attend a carers group for support
- access all available services and funding
- acknowledge and deal with feelings.