What is Whistleblowing?
People who have a working relationship with Synapse are often the first to realise that there may be something seriously wrong. However, they may not wish to speak up for fear of appearing disloyal or may be concerned about being victimised or subject to reprisals for reporting wrongdoing.
Whistleblowing: Disclosure by (or for) a witness of actual or suspected wrongdoing.
Whistleblower: A person who reports wrongdoing in accordance with this Policy.
Whistleblower Policy Statement
Synapse is committed to the highest standards of conduct and ethical behaviour and to promoting and supporting a culture of honest and ethical behaviour, corporate compliance and good corporate governance.
Synapse encourages the reporting of any instances of suspected unethical, illegal, fraudulent or undesirable conduct involving Synapse and provides protections and measures so that those persons who make a report may do so confidentially and without fear of intimidation, disadvantage or reprisal.
When a person makes a disclosure:
- Their identity must remain confidential according to their wishes
- They will be protected from reprisal, discrimination, harassment or victimisation for making the disclosure
- An independent internal inquiry or investigation will be conducted
- Issues identified from the inquiry/investigation will be resolved and/or rectified
- They will be informed about the outcome.
Any retaliation for having made the disclosure will be treated as serious wrongdoing under this Policy.
A copy of our Whistleblower Policy in full can be requested from any Synapse Representative.
In keeping things as simple and easy to report wrongdoing you can contact us through one of the following:
- Talking with any Synapse Representative
- Phoning our Office on 1800 673 074
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending us a message through social media
Please tell us if you need any support in providing your feedback. We can help you to make contact with an Advocate or Support Person and, if needed, contact you in a way that is convenient for you.